Elizabeth B. Davis is a partner in the Atlanta office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP and is a member of the firmâ€™s Environmental Department. Ms. Davis focuses her practice on environmental and product liability matters.
Ms. Davis provides a broad spectrum of support to her business clients. As a former assistant regional counsel with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 4, Ms. Davis has experience with regulatory compliance, permitting, enforcement defense and litigation. She counsels clients and litigates in virtually all aspects of federal and state laws related to hazardous waste, underground storage tanks, water, air, pesticides, toxic substances and occupational safety and health.
Ms. Davis also has extensive experience with the environmental aspects of corporate and real estate transactions, occupational safety and health compliance, and zoning and land use issues.
Ms. Davis also counsels manufacturers, importers and retailers in consumer product safety and food and drug regulatory requirements, including designing and managing recalls and defending related product liability claims.
Ms. Davisâ€™s specific experience includes:
- Representing purchasers, lenders and developers with all aspects of brownfield developments in various jurisdictions, including Georgia, Florida, Maryland and Tennessee.
- Obtaining construction, operating, Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V air permits for operations across the country.
- Defending against alleged violations of the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act.
- Defending federal and state enforcement actions under Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA); Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA); Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA); the Clean Air Act; and Clean Water Act.
- Defending citizensâ€™ suits filed under the Clean Water Act and RCRA.
- Registering products under FIFRA.
- Obtaining permits under RCRA, the Clean Water Act, the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and wetlands programs.
- Assisting clients in establishing or restoring working relationships with federal, state and local regulators.
Active in the legal community, Ms. Davis is a member of the American Bar Associationâ€™s Section of Environment, Energy and Resources (SEER), Litigation Section and SEER Special Committee on Science and Technology; International Association of Defense Counsel; and the State Bar of Georgiaâ€™s Environmental Law Section. She is also a member of the Diversity Law Institute; Trial Law Institute.
Miss Davis contact info: Â Phone: Â 404-846-3327 Â E-mail: Â email@example.com
Miss Davis presents with David Gillay the following topic: Â Legal Challenges and Solutions related to the Vapor Intrusion Pathway for Redevelopment Projects.
Time of Presentation: Â Day 2: Â Apr 30, Â 8:45-9:30